Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Mum-in-Law

Another November birthday ... my lovely mum-in-law at home ... if you read my blog you'll know that I made some cards for Pauline (you can check them out here if you missed them) .... and hopefully she has received them along with her birthday card.


Stampin' Up! offer a Regional day each year for all demonstrators and guests - lots of useful hints and tips, a new stamp set and some make and takes.  I have to confess, when I looked at the stamp set I wasn't overly excited ... but as always, once I started to see all the lovely ideas for how to use it I am very pleased that I now have it in my collection.


IMG_7596
Every Moment is a great set to showcase watercolouring with ... and this card also uses the masking technique too, and the Spritzer - something I didn't own but I came home and placed an 'urgent' order for one :)


The sentiment is beautiful .... 'when we see with our hearts, every moment is the most wonderful gift in the world' ... how very true.


Hope my Mother-in-Law loves her card .... and has a very happy birthday.


Now some backyard news ... remember our little blackbirds who built the most beautiful nest and decided to start all over again building another outside our laundry door - well we have babies ....


IMG_7597Two little gaping mouths poke out the top of the nest - the parents are searching every waking minute to find food for them - don't you wish you could leave them a plateful of food out on the lawn - it would make their job so much easier!  They hatched on Friday and already three days later they are big enough to see over the top of the nest.


IMG_7594And here's our veggie garden ... Paul has taken charge of it - doesn't it look great! We now have tomatoes, capsicum, beans, cucumber, strawberries, garlic, lettuce and some pumpkins from my friend Kay's garden too.


Well I hope you have a lovely day - lots of lovely warm weather for the Melbourne-ites this week - at last.


Back with more cards and even a scrapbooking page very soon.


Blog signature



No comments: