Sunday, November 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Olivia

It's our daughter's 15th birthday today .... I remember thinking a couple of years ago that 15 was so old. But here we are with a girl who is growing up so fast, about to start Year 10, there's talk of VCE's, driving cars, piercing tummy buttons and sometimes even BOYS eeeeekkkkkk!  


IMG_7567
So I thought I'd make a more grown up card - don't you just love these little cakes - there is a little bit of dazzling diamonds on the cakes - doesn't matter how grown up you are does it .... everyone loves a bit of sparkle :)


Olivia received her birthday present a couple of weeks ago - a new iPhone ... instant squeals of delight followed by floods of tears ... I think she was excited and pleased :)  So I was thinking of a little something for her for today.


IMG_7564
I went to the Melbourne Stampin' Up! Regionals last weekend .... and a lovely demo showed us how to make these cute bird houses ... I knew Olivia would love one so I made this one for her and filled it with her favourite chocolates - Lindor Lindt.  


IMG_7565
The little roof has been cut using the Top Note Die .... and then embossed using a new Lattice folder - yes the new Summer Mini will be released in a few days time ... with lots more yummy things to whet your appetite.


Well I am off for a day filled with cup cake making, school fete (I'm serving popcorn, candy floss and ice creams can't wait) and then a house full of girls for a sleepover ...


Happy birthday Olivia!


Love from Mum xx


 


 



4 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Happy birthday, Liv!! Nikki, the butterflies are a gorgeous touch to the birdhouse. Looks fantastic, my friend; bet your beautiful girl loved it. Hope you get a wink or two of sleep!

Kimmy said...

Happy Birthday Olivia!! Hope you had a lovely day! Guess what?? Your mother said that you and i should definitely go shopping one day! :o) She even said she would fund our day of fun! Hehehe... isn't she just the nicest mum ever?? Right Nikki?
Luv Kimmy

Jody said...

Hi Nikki-
Just wanted to thank you for always being so kind whenever you visit my blog, I really appreciate it :)
And Happy Birthday to your dauughter. Such a lovely card and I love the birdhouse idea!

Sue Bayliss said...

Love Olivia's little birdhouse, it is so cute (and the choccys inside, hope Olivia had a wonderful birthday.