Saturday, November 27, 2010

Christmas Blog Hop

Did you know it is .... XXX days until Christmas?  No I haven't forgotten to fill in the XXX; I just didn't want to scare both you and I by actually putting it into writing just how many days there are until Christmas .... I haven't bought one single Christmas present which is very unusual for me!


Welcome to a little festive blog hop that will hopefully inspire you to create a little something for a friend or two.  If you are already travelling through the hop you will have flown in from Christine Blain's blog - if not .... grab a cuppa and hop on board.


IMG_7638So with XXX days to go,  I thought I had better make a list of presents and that had me thinking ... I know I am not the only one to be working against the clock to have some little things prepared for the loved ones in our lives who help us through the year ... teachers, friends, neighbours, work colleagues ... just a little gift and a handmade card is often more appreciated than an expensive shop bought item.  


So I have created two easy little treats that are inexpensive and quick to rustle up.  This little basket is made from an 8 1/2" by 8 1/2" square of cardstock - a few folds and a couple of holes punched with the crop-o-dile and hey presto a jazzy little box that holds a few lollies - a great idea for a teacher's gift perhaps.


IMG_7637The little gift tag is made from the Perfect Punches set, stamped twice in both Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive, punched out with the scallop circle, the 1 1/4" circle and layered using Stampin' Dimensionals onto a 1 3/4" circle.  So simple!


IMG_7641Now once I had started I couldn't stop LOL .... I had some gold coins and thought these would look a bit more special if they were packed up into a little bag.  


IMG_7642These are so easy to make - in fact I have to confess that Olivia helped me (thanks OJ) as I was running a little late with my project.  Wouldn't these make a fun pressie for school mates?  A great way to make a few extra special gifts without breaking the bank ... perfect for this time of year right?


If you'd like the template for the little box leave me a comment and I'll email one to you.


Right off you hop for yet more festive ideas from the lovely Kristine Thompson.


Have fun and see you another day for more Christmas ideas.


Blog signature


 



19 comments:

Helen Thorne said...

I love the boxes and the coins. What a lovely gift idea. Please can you email me the template. Thanks Helen x

Rachel Jackson said...

The box is fantastic and the coins is a great idea, just beautiful.
Rach:)

Genna said...

Love that coin idea Nikki - the boys would love helping to make them too! So simple yet so effective.

Christine Blain said...

Great projects, Nik. The little basket is so cute and festive. I agree with Genna; the coin-prettying-up would be a fun thing to do with kids.

Robyn said...

I have really enjoyed this blog hop- all the projects have been great! LOVE your little box!! Can I have a template please? TFS!

Judy May said...

Love both of these projects Nikki and the treat basket is really cute.

Alisha Watson said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmmy!! to both the chocolate and your wonderful projects. I could make both of those for my kiddies for under the tree, they will LOVE them like I do...now to keep the dogs away from the tree......

Gardenia said...

Nikki, Gorgeous. I love the gift box...I am always going to make one of them, but never have. Better do it I think.
And what no Christmas presents yet my organised friend? Atleast you live near shops to do the mad December rush shopping. :)

Amy Buchanan said...

I do like that coin idea - you've got me thinking....

Tina G said...

Mmmmmmm chocoloate... Love the little basket chokkers full of the good stuff!

Sue Bayliss said...

Love the little box such a clever idea

Richelle said...

Gorgeous!! TFS!! I'd luv the template please too!

Di Dunk said...

Love the box and the coin ideas Nikki. very clever. counld I please have the template when you get a chance. Thank you.

Karen Obye said...

Thank you for showing the box and coin ideas. I especially like the box. Would you be willing to share the template? Thank you.

Chris H said...

Wonderful projects Nikki...love your creations! TFS!!

Maria P said...

Great ideas, especially the gold coin chockie one.

Genny Cornett said...

Love Love your box
Pattern would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Genny

Sam Simpson said...

Nikkie,
great projects. I would love a copy of the box template please.
Sam

Karen Kowalko said...

Love the box. Can I please have the template?
thanks!
Karen