Monday, August 31, 2009

Making Merry Monday # 9

Wow nine Christmas cards already made and it is not even September yet ... that is a definite record for me!  Are you playing along?  If you are let me know and I'll add your cards to my gallery ... if you're not why not?  Still plenty of time before the usual festive madness that descends over us all in December. 

Today's card is another using the Season of Joy set.  Inspired by Sue Madex and her incentive card swap (take a look here).  I loved the different design for the card layout.

IMG_2910

Now just in case you are wondering ... the little paperclip thingy at the bottom of the card isn't part of the design (although it is a Stampin' Up! clip).  It is there to keep the card closed so that I could photograph it for you!

And here it is without the clip ...

IMG_2914

Made from Baja Breeze, Real Red and Whisper White it's a great combination, even for a traditional girl like me!  I've stamped the image twice, once in Baja Breeze and then in Real Red. I've then cut out the accents from the Real Red image and adhered them with Stampin' Dimensionals to the Baja Breeze image.  The DSP is Ski Slope from the Spring Mini.  

I've been making Christmas cards all evening ... I'm on a roll with this stamp set ... and I am in stampers heaven ... up to my eyeballs in ink, ribbon, paper and cardstock.

Right off to tidy up the kitchen table ... and then to get ready for a great special offer from Stampin' Up! that I can only tell you about on Tuesday.

Be sure to check back here then ... you'll not want to miss out on this one!

Merry Monday and happy stampin!

Love Nikki

x



1 comment:

Sue M said...

Love the card and great idea with the clip for photographing! Those colours look really good together don't they. Cheers, Sue