Friday, December 2, 2011

One On 1 - For November

Can you believe that we are nearly at the end of the year?  We only have one more task left for the OLW in 2011.  As we come to the end of the year and the end of my first OLW journey I have been trying to sum up what this has meant to me.  Then today I read this from Ali Edwards .... 


A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow. From my own personal experience, it can be a catalyst for enriching your life.


In 2006, I began a tradition of choosing one word for myself each January - a word that I can focus on, meditate on, and reflect upon as I go about my daily life. My words have included play, peace, vitality, nurture, light, and story. These words have each become a part of my life in one way or another. They've been imbedded into who I am, and into who I'm becoming. They've been what I've needed (and didn't know I needed). They've helped me to breathe deeper, to see clearer, and to grow. 


... and I thought .... that's it in a nutshell - how can I express it better - I can't!


In keeping with the '11th hour type of girl' that I am (and have come to accept this year) - here I am at almost the 11th hour and 59th minute ..... completing the task (hence the dodgy photo).  If it wasn't for Margie and the rest of the One on 1 girls I would not be as up to date as I am - thank you.


IMG_0384
So without further ado - thanks for visiting and don't forget to leave me a comment.  Away you go to visit the lovely Debra - I was having a little looksee through Debra's site just now - she has some lovely family photos - and she reminded me to wish a belated Happy Thanksgiving to all my American visitors.


Happy blog hopping and I'll see you again next time. 


Nikki


x


 



10 comments:

JennL said...

Your cards are awesome! I am always drawn to black, white and red. It just looks cool and classy.
xoxo,
Jenn

Lisa said...

Nikki--dodgy photo or not I think your page is lovely (and I'm a sucker for your color combo)! Was fun to stop here on the hop each month.

Cheri said...

I have to agree with you that this blog hop kept me on task with doing each months prompt in a timely manner. So glad you had such a positive experience with your word! My post is here: http://cheriandrews.blogspot.com/2011/12/one-little-word-blog-hop-december.html

jill conyers said...

I agree to. I don't know that I would have stayed on top of the monthly prompts had it not been for Margie's hop.
Love your page!

MonicaB said...

Wonderful page! It looks like many of us OLW gals found that change is good. So glad you were able to share your journey with us!

Amanda (Scrappnbee) said...

Love doing the OLW monthly hop with you! great 9 patch! Love the red ink! It adds real pop! -Amanda

Sue Madex said...

I've really enjoyed reading your OLW posts over the year. I fell off the wagon a bit with my album, but felt like I've kept in touch with it by reading your posts.

Sam @ Learn. Create. Do. said...

This is a great collage. I love the color scheme and your statements.

Cynthia said...

Love how the blog hop made it into your "i know" card! I definitely used the blog hop to motivate me to finish too!

Margie S (Nihao, Cupcake!) said...

Wonderful! Love it. How exciting that the blog hop is in your project. So cool! I need to do that too. I have one more chance, right? Can't wait to see your final project and hear your word for 2012. Sorry that I am late to the party this month. Glad I took the time to stop by.