Monday, February 7, 2011

SAM Challenge - RED!

Well I suppose it is February and the month for Valentines!  When I found these photos of Olivia on her nineth birthday (and a beautiful red top that I used to love), I thought what a great opportunity to do some 'catch up' scarpbooking.


IMG_8250


I've used allsorts on this layout.  The papers are from the Celebrations paper pack, the butterfly is from the new Sale-a-brations set - Bliss (this reflects her enormous butterfly birthday cake I made for her).  I've used the rock and roll technique to create the multi-coloured image.  The little dots are from the Extreme Elements set - I masked the butterflies and then using a Stamp-a-ma-jig I stamped the image a few times.


IMG_8252
I've used the Big Shot to create a top note die for the embellishment, which is from the Hodgepodge Hardware range and the Timeless Type Junior alphabet for the title.  


IMG_8253


The little ribbon details is just a few bits of red ribbon knotted around the white, with the date attached using a little safety pin from the trinkets set in the Summer Mini.


IMG_8251
I think colour challenges are great .... have a look through your photos and see what you have that you can immediately use to scrapbook - black and white photos also look so good against a red background.  To enter the challenge click here to find out how.


Happy scrapbooking!


Nikki


x


 


 



5 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Beautiful, Nikki - love all the little details.

Lynn Powell said...

Just beautiful Nikki!! Love the butterflies - very effective!
Lynn.

Delys said...

fabulouso!! Love your details, the masking and the little trinket combo.

Mel Barkwith said...

This is beautiful Nikki. I love how you combined extreme elements with the butterflies - very suited to a 9YO party!

Tina G said...

Oh wow! Love the stamping in the top corner and the ribbons with the safety pin. Actually, I love it all!