Friday, May 17, 2013

Chalkboard Technique

For the past couple of months the Chalkboard Technique has been everywhere I've looked.  I didn't have the stamp sets being used .... so that stalled me for a bit, but then I had the call for a couple of male birthday cards.



IMG_3500I've mainly used the Bring On the Cake stamp set (page 142 of the main catalogue) and added in a few other birthday stamps from other sets.  I found the best thing to do to create the chalkboard effect was to use the embossing buddy and a white pencil - both of these left lots of lovely white smudges - perfect for this technique.  I used used a Craft White inkpad - the longer drying time enabled me to smudge the images a little too - all adds to the effect.


Why not have a go yourself, so easy!


Nikki


x



No comments: