Friday, October 5, 2012

Pleasant Poppies

Another one of those stamp sets that jumped out of the new catalogue at me was the Pleasant Poppies stamp - it a huge stamp at 11.4 cms by 14.6 cms.



IMG_2463
I stamped the image onto watercolour paper using Stazon Ink.  I found it easier to place the card stock directly on top of this larger stamp than to turn the stamp and place it down onto the cardstock in the usual way. Here in this photo I am using the Versamark ink pad to add the poppies image to the Old Olive background cardstock.



IMG_2458
Using the Aqua Painter and some ink pads I watercoloured in the poppies using Raspberry Ripple, Old Olive, Perfect Plum and Crumb Cake.


Did you notice the new embellishments - Ribbon Slides - aren't they cool - Holiday Traditions Catalogue page 31 if you've missed them.


I'll be back another day to show you two more cards I made with this set.


Nikki


x


 



2 comments:

Nikki Spencer said...

Nikki, this is lovely! The soft watercolour effect is so pretty and the background watermark stamping compliments it beautifully.xxx

Angela P said...

I love this stamp too and it is on my wish list. Beautiful card.