Saturday, July 28, 2012

Blog Hopping with Masculine Ideas

I've been away from blog land for far too long - I promise I have been creating just not sharing ... but I am here to make amends!


I'm taking part in a monthly blog hop with friends, showing what is often thought of as a difficult thing to create - something for the boys and men in our lives.


IMG_2132
Olivia asked for an 18th card for one of her friends (this time I had over a week's notice which is good - last time I had about an hour!).  I was inspired by a swap from Convention with the bandana technique.  It was a bit fiddly and I kind of went with the artistic approach to the white gel pen outlines, but I really like the end result.


I've used Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight and Marina Mist with the Extreme Elements stamp set used in Basic Black.  I just can't create a card without ribbon - so this time I used Bakers Twine - but thinking that some thin black ribbon would have been good too.


Off you hop now to visit Di Dunk - she is sure to have created a whole heap of lovely things.


Pop back soon - I've plenty lined up for you to make up for my absence.


Nikki


x



7 comments:

Judy May said...

Love the colour combo, Nikki. The white highlights are super. Must check out this technique.

Tina Gillespie said...

Fantastic card - perfect for an older teenaged boy. The colours are great, and it's an interesting technique. I'll have to look it up.

Christine Blain said...

The Cajun Craze really makes the other colours pop, Nikki; nice colour choices. I don't know what the bandana technique is, but it looks good!

Rachel said...

Love your card, Nikki,I will have to investigate this technique too, it looks great! and one of my favourite stamp sets too!

Kathryn Mangelsdorf said...

Nikki what a fantastic card, that stamp set is so great for teenage boys. Never heard of that technique so might have to try it out soon.

Sue Madex said...

I love this background - the colours look fabulous. Haven't come across this technique before. Love it.

Kylie said...

Wow!!! I just love the colours...and I have to buy that stamp set now!