Monday, June 6, 2011

SAM Challenge - Buttons!

IMG_9257
Well the Stampamemory challenge this month is to use buttons.  I have quite a few and I have a confession to make .... I don't think I have ever used any of them - insert blushing smilie!


I think I have an 'issue' with them sticking up off the page too much!  Yes I know - I am strange!


IMG_9258
So this was a challenge but I managed it!  I used little strips of DSP to make the thread and attached the buttons with mini glue dots.


IMG_9260
I thought there was far too much white space once I had finished so I added a little detail onto the top right hand side.  It was only after I had done this that I realised that I now had an even number of buttons instead of an odd one .... being a wannabe keen gardener (insert like the look of a cool looking garden just don't like weeding and digging LOL) I know that things should be in threes or fives - oh dear :)


Now that's its finished I love the buttons and can't wait to add more to more pages and some cards.  I used my new favourite designer series paper Sunny Garden, teamed it up with Pear Pizzazz ribbon and a lined piece of Poppy Parade paper from the Hostess Level I pack for the journalling.


Why not join in the challenge this month - we'd love to see your creations.  Click here for all the details.


Happy scrapbooking!


Nikki


x



4 comments:

Delys said...

Gorgeous page and love the colours and the buttons of course!!

Tina Gillespie said...

Love the layout Nikki. The photo is fantastic!

Lynn said...

Fabulous layout Nikki - just love your colours!!

Claire Daly said...

Have never been overly keen on that paper, but WOW how awesome does it look! I love your little trick of using the dsp as a thread. Love the little pennants too.