Sunday, January 27, 2013

ESAD Sale-a-bration Blog Hop


540953_503186973037939_890205828_n
Welcome to the ESAD Sale-a-bration blog hop, 25 blogs all linked together to celebrate and showcase the lovely new Sale-a-bration goodies which are now available free with every order placed of $100.


Before I show you my contribution I do need to tell you a little about ESAD.  ESAD stands for "Extra Special Australasian Demonstrators" and it is an on-line group just for Australian and New Zealand Stampin' Up! demonstrators. 


We so love what we do and not only do we love to share it with our customers, friends, and wonderful blog visitors, but we share our love for what we do with each other as demonstrators. We run swaps, challenges, tutorials, product know-how, and cyberstamps, and we are always there to help and support each other when it is needed.


So if you are a Stampin' Up! demonstrator located in Australia or New Zealand, then please feel free to click here to join our wonderful group.


I took my inspiration for the two cards I've created from the last little piece of the new Sycamore Street Designer Series paper  I had left after completing a swap.  I wasn't sure about putting Rich Razzleberry and Summer Starfruit together but wow - what a great colour combo.


IMG_3034I  used the Petite Curly Label punch, a Rich Razzleberry button from the Sycamore Street Ribbons and Button Bundle and created a little centre piece.  The sentiment is from the new Vintage Verses set.



IMG_3036I was going to make just one card to show you but there were still pieces of the lovely Designer Series papers left over, so I rustled up a second card.  Same colours and design - this time I added in a little sentiment and a bow - the ribbon is the 3/8" Stitched Satin ribbon - in Summer Starfruit from the main catalogue.


IMG_3039The sentiment is from the new Pretty Petites stamp set (which coordinates with the new Petites Curly Label punch) - I used a marker pen to ink up just the little word 'hello'.  (Sorry about the shadows on the photograph, it was very very sunny in Melbourne when I took the photo!)

Its now time to hop along, Jane Norrish is waiting to show you more lovely samples using the new Sale-a-Bration goodies.

Hope you are inspired to use a colour combo you wouldn't normally choose and make sure you contact your local demonstrator to find out how you can earn FREE products too.

Nikki

x


19 comments:

Christine Blain said...

It is a GREAT colour combo, Nikki. I especially like your second card.

Michelle Grech said...

Great use of the dsp and love how you used that little hello in the corner. TFS

Anna Mathieson said...

What a dynamic colour combo! thanks for the inspiration

Nikki Spencer said...

Nikki, they are both gorgeous! Absolutely love your colours and such a great way to use that punch. xxx

Keryn Campbell said...

Nikki Summer Starfruit and Rich Razzleberry together are just stunning. I wouldn't have thought to use them like that. Thanks for sharing.

Alisha Watson said...

Nik!!! I love your cards and those colours are so striking together.

Ann said...

Love the cards - terrific idea and love that it used a colour combination I wouldn't have thought of TFS

Jenny Hayward said...

Great way of using the punch Nikki. Love these cards. Another to add to my CASE file :)
Jenny

Chlo said...

I'm with you Nikki I would never pair those two colours together. In fact I would never pair Summer Starfruit with anything lol. But you have shown me that it can be so beautiful and when we are using the new DSP, how can we go wrong!!
TFS

Narelle said...

Love what you have created Nikki. Thankyou for sharing.

Monique said...

Lovely cards Nikki - when I first saw this DSP I did wonder about the colour combos in it lol. Starfruit and Razzleberry do go very nicely together though.

Debbie Speijers said...

Nikki, love your colour combo, cards look great!

Kathryn Ruddick said...

Just beautiful Miss Nikki, as expected :o)

Richelle said...

Those colours really pop! Great combo and great cards :)

Rochelle said...

Lovely cards Nikki! Love the colour combo! Might just have to use it myself!

Juliette said...

Love these Nikki. I have to say I am starting to like the colour combo of Summer Starfruit and Rich Razzleberry.

Kristina Collett said...

I have to say that I haven't used Summer starfruit at all but this colour combo is so striking and your cards are fantastic! TFS such a fantastic idea.

Mary Kelly said...

Lovely cards and yes, the colour combo really works.

Delys said...

Gorgeous cards Nikki! Has a real seventies feel for me!