Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

IMG_8377


Its Mother's Day in the UK today - and this is the card I made for my mum to celebrate the day.


I've used the new Strength and Hope set, Pale Plum, Whisper White and Basic Black and the faux silk technique.  Rather than stamping the tissue paper, to create a softer image I stamped a piece of Whisper White randomly with both the script and the butterfly, using Pale Plum and Elegant Eggplant ink - some of the images have been stamped without re-inking to create the different shades.  I then pasted the tissue paper onto the cardstock - for a much more subtle effect


IMG_8380
The gorgeous butterfly has been stamped again in Elegant Eggplant onto vellum card stock and cut out.  I applied some two way glue and dazzling diamonds before fixing it to the main piece with an antique brad.


The ribbon has been coloured with a Pale Plum marker - always good to keep a roll of Whisper White tafetta ribbon on hand - if you have any of the Stampin' Up! markers then you are in business - you can colour the ribbon to match whatever it is that you are creating.


I just know that this set is going to be a real favourite for so many of you - and with the Stength and Hope fund raising campaign for Breast Cancer it is sure to be a much used and well loved set for many of us.


Happy Mother's day Mum - I miss and love you very much.


lots of love, hugs and kisses Mum


Nik


x



1 comment:

mum said...

much prettier than the photo and made me so happy when it arrived (clever "old"thing)HA HA!
miss you too love from mum xx